Modern Console Tables
Modern console tables are the perfect multipurpose piece of furniture combining style and function.
Practical Modern Console Tables
A console table makes an attractive addition to a modern living space. Slim enough to fit neatly against a hallway wall or used as an additional table within a living, dining or kitchen space. In addition a console can also add an extra touch of style to a more private space such as a bedroom or bathroom.
Choose a console table if you want to create a focal point in a room. Display an ornament or lamp on the console and perhaps position a mirror behind to finish off the look. For a more functional purpose place a console in a lobby or hallway to provide the perfect place for keys, letters and a phone.
Console tables have become the go-to piece of furniture because of their great versatility. And with such a variety of designs, shapes and sizes there’s something for everyone. When choosing a console make sure it’s size appropriate as it needs to fit comfortably into the space. And choose the right style that will work with the other furniture in the room. The more simple the design the easier it will blend in. But sometimes a fancy table with presence is the perfect way to lift the space.
Places to use a console include..
- In a hallway to create a welcoming entrance for guests.
- The living room – where objects of art can be placed.
- The Study or office – as a handy space saving table for a laptop and organisers.
- In the bedroom – use as a vanity table or place next to the bed to double as a side table.
- The kitchen – a perfect side table to store provisions a fruit bowl or napkins and cutlery holder.
Our console tables are handmade and finished in our Sussex workshop.